Spicy Goat Curry
Welcome to Superfood Mondays with Chilli No. 5. Bringing the Riviera the healthiest, tastiest and spiciest recipes for you to try at home.Today we bring you a real taste explosion with our spicy curry goat made with Chilli No.5 Jamaican Jerk & Pizza pizzazz chilli oil – the most important ingredient. This Caribbean classic is great for your immune system, blood, skin, cells and antioxidant activity….Goat meat is a lean, healthy protein that’s rich in vitamins and minerals, it also has lower overall fat, saturated fat and cholesterol levels than other, more common meats like Beef, Pork and Lamb.Goat meat provides all the essential amino acids without adding any unnecessary calories, it is rich in calcium and potassium too. Once all these ingredients are thrown together this dish pulls together Vitamins, minerals, fibre and omega 3 in abundance.
- Casserole dish
- 1 kg Goat meat
- One red and one yellow pepper
- Large white onion
- 2 Large carrots
- 3 Cloves of garlic
- tsp Smoked paprika
- tsp Turmeric
- 8 Cloves
- 2 Star anise
- 500 g Fresh tomatoes
- 300 g of rice
- Tin of red kidney beans
- 2 tins coconut milk
- 1 Bottle Chilli No. 5 Jamaican Jerk
- Chilli No. 5 Pizza Pizzazz Oil
- Light bbq and keep very hot.
- Add goat meat to a bowl and add 1 tbs of Pizza Pizzazz oil.
- Season the meat with salt and pepper.
- Add the meat to the bbq to sear the edges, remove once browning on all edges.
- Remove meat from the grill and leave to one side.
- Add the casserole dish to heat, and add Pizza pizzazz oil.
- Add chopped garlic.
- Add chopped carrots.
- Add tsp smoked paprika.
- Add tsp allspice (pimento).
- Add tsp turmeric.
- Add 8 cloves.
- Add 2 star anise
- Add 500g fresh tomatoes.
- Add back in the goat meat and mix well.
- Add 2 tins of coconut milk and mix well.
- Add half a bottle of Jamaican jerk sauce!
- Cook on low heat for 5 hours, or until meat falls apart.
- Cook rice.
- Once cooked, add red kidney beans to the rice.
- Service rice onto bowls and add the desired amount of goat curry.
Our long and slow delicious Caribbean classic packs a huge flavour punch, and will fill everyone up till the rum cocktails come out! Subscribe to Chilli No. 5 on YOUTUBE. Follow Chilli No. 5 on instagram. Find Chilli No.5 on Google For access to all our superfood recipes and products. Our sauce is available with Green Chilli Antibes.