Spicy Cauliflower Pakoras
Today we have our very own spicy cauliflower pakoras cooked with Chilli No. Forever Phall hot sauce.Pakoras are a popular Indian snack. The cauliflower is coated in a light and tasty batter flavoured with our hot and spicy Forever Phall Hot Sauce, and then fried to perfection in vegetable oil. We promise you this recipe will have you coming back time and time again!
- Mixing bowl
- Serving bowl
- 1 Cauliflower
- 1 Large onion
- 200 g Gram flour
- tps Mustard seeds
- tps Back onion seeds
- tps All spice (pimento)
- tsp Turmeric
- tsp Ground coriander
- ½ tsp Chilli powder
- 150 g Natural yogurt
- 150 mls of ginger ale
- Bunch mint
- tbs honey
- Half lemon
- 300 mls vegetable oil
- 1 Bottle Chilli No. 5 Forever Phall Hot Sauce
- Add flour to bowl.
- Add dry spices and seasoning.
- Add half the yogurt, and mix well.
- Add 2 tbs of the Forever Phall sauce tot the mixture.
- Add juice of a lemon.
- Add ginger ale so the mixture becomes the texture of pancake mix.
- Chop cauliflower into small pieces.
- Finely chop onion.
- Chop coriander (stalks as well).
- Chop 2 red chillis.
- Mix all ingredients into the batter.
To make the dripping sauce.
- Add remainder of yogurt .
- Finely chop mint, add to yogurt.
- Add tbs honey, and squeeze half a lemon into the yogurt mix.
- Heat 3 mls of vegetable oil in a sauce pan.
- Add a tablespoon of the batter mix at a time.
- Cook until golden brown, around 2 – 3 minutes.
- Remove using tongs and let dry on kitchen roll.
- Place dipping sauce in the centre of the serving bowl and add the pakoras around the outside, serve!
Cauliflower is an extremely healthy vegetable containing some of almost every vitamin and mineral that you need. Very low in calories yet high in vitamins, Cauliflower is also a great source of antioxidants, which protect your cells from harmful free radicals and inflammation. This protein packed, meat free dish is quick and delicious, and brings the flavour of India in a mighty nutrition packed punch. A real healthy dish to please every palate. Subscribe to Chilli No. 5 on YOUTUBE.