Spaghetti Alle Vongole
Today we bring you a classic spaghetti recipe that you can easily cook at home – Spaghetti Alle Vongole. Andrea, our Italian chef responsible for creating Pizza Pizzazz chilli oil, is using the Chilli No. 5 chilli flakes and our chilli oil to add spice and extra depth of flavour to this fabulous pasta recipe.This Italian classic from Campania around Naples is a tasty brothy pasta dish. We have used bronze cut pasta to cling to the sauce, but you can use a more healthy wholewheat pasta or even better courgette linguine. Clams are a lean source of protein, they are rich in minerals, vitamins, and Omega- 3 fatty acids. Clams promote sexual health and have been found to possess cancer-preventing properties. What's more, shellfish are rich in iron, zinc, magnesium, and vitamin B12 — all of which have key roles in improving your health.
- 6 ounces spaghetti
- 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2 pounds clams
- 2 tbsp roughly chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Pinch Salt
- 1 Bottle Chilli No. 5 Pizza Pizzazz
- 1 Bottle Chilli No. 5 Flakes
- Bring 3 quarts water to a boil in a 5-qt. pot. Season with a pinch of salt, then add the pasta and boil, stirring regularly, until just cooked, about 2 minutes. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup pasta cooking water.
- Keep the clams in salted water so that these can open and release some of the leftover sand that they might have inside
- In the meantime, start to clean the garlic: form 3 to 4 cloves. Chop it nicely
- Chop some parsley
- Grab some beautifully fresh chillis
- Once the water is boiling, add a genorous hand full of salt
- Grab a portion of spaghetti (according to the number of people you're cooking for) – follow instructions of the package, but be about 1 to 2 minutes shy 😉
- Grab a wok and add olive oil, together with the garlic and sliced chillis
- Add in some anchovies fillets, a flavour enhancer (these will melt into the sauce so you won't see these on the pasta)
- Add some Chilli No. 5 Flakes Mix (A hot mix of fresh and dry chilli flakes)
- Add the clams to the WOK
- Add a splash of white wine
- Wait until the alcohol has evaporated
- Check on the pasta, even if it is more al dente do not worry because it will finish cook together with the clams
- Mix it well
- Add the secret ingredient: Chilli No. 5 Pizza Pizzazz Chilli Oil
- Add the nice handful of previously prepared parsley
- Make sure you keep tossing
- Ready to serve!
Chilli No. 5 chilli flakes are very high in antioxidant carrot en oils, which are linked to numerous health benefits. Enjoy Spaghetti Alle Vongole with a dry, austere, crisp white wine such as Pinot Grigio or Sauvignon Blanc. Subscribe to Chilli No. 5 on YOUTUBE. Follow Chilli No. 5 on Instagram. Find Chilli No.5 on Google For access to all our superfood recipes and chilli products.
Great Vongole, our spicy chilli oil and chilli flakes are available at Jack and Bella Vita in Monaco.