Smoked Thai Fishcakes
Easy low-carb Smoked Thai Fishcakes recipe. This incredible light and spicy recipe is the perfect carb-free light lunchtime-snack that will blow your taste buds off with a thai spiced flavour from our Totally Thai Chilli No. 5 hot sauce, mixed with a beautiful smoked fish finish.This recipe is easy to make and packed with flavour. The fishcakes include spring onions, chilli, coriander, ginger, garlic, lemongrass, fish sauce and our Totally Thail hot sauce. The ingredients are bound together with whisked eggs before being lightly fried.
- frying pan
- Mixing bowls
- Serving dish
- 300 g cooked white fish, flaked
- 3 whisked eggs
- 1 Red chilli finely chopped
- 1 lemongrass stick finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 2 spring onions chopped
- 1 small bunch of corriander chopped
- 1 tspn Totally Thai sauce
- 1 tspn fish sauce
- 1 tspn Soy sauce
- Oil for frying
- 1 Bottle Chilli No. 5 Totally Thai Hot Sauce
- In a bowl take the white fish and add the eggs, chilli, spring onions, and corriander and loosely mix.
- In a frying pan with a little oil, fry off the ginger, garlic and lemongrass for a minute or so until they start to caramelise before adding them to the bowl with the rest of the ingredients, along with the Totally Thai, fish sauce and Soy sauce.
- Mix everything together until it looks like a thick, textured batter.
- Add some oil to a frying pan over a medium heat and with a dessert spoon, spoon small patties of the mixture onto the pan, patting into little round fish cakes with the back of the spoon.
- Fry for a couple of minutes on each side until golden and serve immediately.
Smoked fish is rich in Omega3 fatty acids and vitamin B12, which help support healthy brain and heart function, while the chillies, ginger, garlic and lemongrass offer numerous health benefits, including helping to reduce heart disease, inflammation, and cholesterol. This dish is paired with the Chilli No. 5 protein-packed dipping sauce that showcases all the superfood benefits of our tantalizing Totally Thai gourmet chilli sauce. This recipe is perfect for a leisurely lunch or al fresco dinners with family and friends. Serve with a healthy salad, your favourite Chilli No. 5 hot sauce for dipping, and a chilled glass of white wine – simply delicious!