Roasted Pulled Beef Quesadillas
Today we have the Mexican version of the beef burger, bring on the mighty pulled beef quesadillas with the special flavour from our Chilli No. 5 Mexican Fury Sauce and Pizza Pizzazz Chilli oil.Beef Provides a Large Source of L-Carnitine and also the "master antioxidant" – glutathione. Gluathiones main functions are:Anti-aging, reducing the risk of chronic disease and strengthening the immune system. Beef is also High in Protein and Helps Improve Muscle Mass, it is also highly rich in minerals and provides more than half of the day’s recommended amount of selenium and zinc. Lets not forget the king of all superfoods, the avocado. Avocados are very nutritious and contain a wide variety of nutrients, including 20 different vitamins and minerals, plus healthy fats and fibre.
- Parchement paper
- Pastry brush
- Frying pan or skillet
- 500 g Beef Shin
- Whole Bulb Garlic
- 100 ml Beer (of your choice)
- 2 Avocados
- 1 Red Onion
- 6 Large Tomatoes
- Large Bunch Coriander
- 1 Lime
- 6 Flour Tortillas
- 200 g Cheddar Cheese
- Chilli No. 5 Mexican Fury Bottle
- Chilli No. 5 Pizza Pizzazz Chilli Oil
- Light BBQ and keep at medium temperature. (250c)
- Sprinkle pizza pizzazz oil over the shins of beef, and season with salt and pepper.
- Add beef to bbq, and cook with indirect heat for 2 hours.
- Add all garlic bulb to BBQ to cook with the beef.
- Remove beef and garlic from the BBQ.
- Place beef onto parchment paper, and spread Mexican fury sauce over the beef.
- Curl up the slides of the paper to make a non spill paper bawl.
- Add half a glass of the beer and close up the paper.
- Add beef packet back onto the bbq and cook for a further 2 hours.
- Remove beef from the BBQ and open the paper packet and shred the beef with a fork.
To make the guacamole
- Chop: avocados, tomatoes red onion and add to bowl.
- Open smoked garlic bulb and mash cloves in a bowl and add tbs of Pizza Pizzazz oil.
- Add garlic oil to the guacamole as a dressing.
To make the quesadillas
- Lightly toast a wrap on the grill.
- Then add toasted wrap to a skillet or a frying pan.
- Add handful of shredded beef.
- Fold over the quesadilla and toast for 3 mins, flip it over and toast the other side for a further 3 mins.
- Remove from pan.
- Chop the quesadilla in half and serve with the guacamole.
This amazing dish is cooked long and slow, so a lot of love goes into these Mexican naughties. A real treat after a hard day at the beach, but what an absolute crowd pleaser. Subscribe to Chilli No. 5 on YOUTUBE. Follow Chilli No. 5 on Instagram. Find Chilli No.5 on Google For access to all our superfood recipes and products. Our sauce is available at Formia Monaco.