Nonna’s Homemade Chicken Soup
If you are feeling in need of a little warmth this Autumn, or need to shake away any coughs and colds, we have a recipe for NONNA’s Chicken Soup. This recipe has been passed down through generations of our founder’s Italian family.It is a very simple recipe but will take a day to cook if you want to get the best flavours out of this dish. You can get 2 or even 3 meals out of this recipe which starts with the soup and then extra chicken, which can be used for a next day chicken curry.
- 12 cups chicken broth
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 2-3 cups thinly sliced carrots
- 1/2 large white onion roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley
- 4 cups chopped rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese plus extra for garnishing
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 bottle Sriracha Cha Cha Cha Chilli No. 5 Hot Sauce
- Prepare the pasta according to the package recommendations just till al dente while the soup cooks. To stop the cooking process, drain the pasta and run it under cold water, stirring constantly. Set aside.
- Reduce the heat to medium low and add the chicken, Parmesan, and salt and pepper to taste. Allow the soup to simmer for another 5-10 minutes, stirring periodically.
- Ladle the soup into bowls to serve. In each bowl, add the desired amount of pasta. If preferred, top with freshly grated Parmesan and chopped parsley.
Chicken broth is rich in essential fatty acids and protein. Both help your body build and repair healthy muscle, bone, skin, and blood cells. Chicken broth is also a rich source of minerals like iron. The Chilli No. 5 Sriracha Cha Cha Cha is used to spice up this soup and contains a soup full of healthy ingredients including chilies, tomatoes, apple cider vinegar, red peppers, fresh ginger, plus our hand-selected health supplements.