This amazing Jackfruit Dumplings recipe is made with our Chilli No. 5 Chinese Hot & Sour Sauce & Pizza Pizzazz Chilli Oil which you can try in Monaco at the Bella Vita restaurant or buy Online! These hearty dumplings are filled with good-for-you ingredients, including garlic, ginger, chillies, carrots, spring onions, and the star of the show, jackfruit. Fry the dumplings gently in a pan until golden brown and serve with our Chinese Hot & Sour Sauce for a satisfying, yet healthy mid-week treat. Jackfruit has an impressive nutrition profile. It contains a moderate amount of calories, with approximately 92% of the calories coming from carbs, while the rest coming from protein and a small amount of fat. Jackfruit also contains a wide range of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and fiber – all good for your health.
- Large mixing bowl
- Large cookie cutter
- Sauce pan
- Large frying pan
- Dipping sauce bowl
- Tinned Jackfruit
- 1 bulb garlic
- 2 Red Chillis
- Thumb size piece of Ginger
- Spring Onions
- 2 Medium carrots
- 100 mls Soy Sauce
- 300 g strong white flor
- Pinch salt
- 2 mls boiling water
- Vegetable oil
- tbs sesame oil
- 1 tbs rice wine vinegar
- 1 Bottle Chilli No. 5 Chinese Hot & Sour
- Chilli No. 5 Pizza Pizzazz Gourmet Hot Chilli Oil
For the dumplings
- Sift the flour into a large bowl and mix in the salt.
- Stir in the boiling water using a knife or a pair of chopsticks until the mixture comes together as a dough. (You many not need to use all of the water.)
- Leave to one side.
For the dumpling mix
- Chop into small pieces: Garlic, ginger, and chillis
- Add these to sauce pan with a little pizza pizzazz oil.
- Cook for 3 mins.
- Grate in 2 carrots and spring onions, cook for 3 mins or until soft.
- Add in jack fruit.
- Then add in 3 tablespoons of the Chilli no.5 Hot & Sour Sauce, cook for further 3 mins.
- Add 2 tablespoons of soy sauce.
- Roll out the dumpling dough onto a floured surface, to 1 cm thick.
- Use the cookie cutter to cut out 12 circles.
- Fill each circle with a tablespoon of the dumpling mix.
- Fold the edges inwards and twist the end to close, shape into a ball.
- Add 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil to the frying pan, and heat to medium heat.
- Gently place the dumplings in the pan, and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Gently turn over the dumplings once the cooking side has turned golden brown.
- Simmer for another 3-5 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove dumplings from the pan and set aside.
For the dipping sauce.
- Add 2 tbs of the Hot & Sour Sauce.
- Then 1 tbs of soy sauce.
- 1 tbs of rice wine vinegar
- Mix well.
- Place the dipping sauce int eh centre of a large bowl, and arrange the dumplings around the sides. serve.
This amazing superfood combined with all the other vitamin packed ingredients in this recipe makes this vegetarian beauty a powerhouse of health and deliciousness to boot. Follow Chilli No. 5 on Instagram.Find Chilli No.5 on GoogleFor access to all our superfood recipes and products.