To celebrate the New Year we have a Russian-style Gravlax – wild skinned salmon cured overnight with beets, lime, lemon, salt and a pinch of sugar then served up ‘cru’ with a colourful julienne of vegetables and topped off with Champagne gold chili sauce.
- Pestle & Mortar
- Presentation Dish
- 500 g Wild Salmon deboned and skinned
- 100 g Cooked Beetroot (skin off)
- 200 g Rock Salt
- 2 tbsp Lemons Juiced + grated zest
- 2 tbsp Limes Juiced
- 1 tbsp Orange Juiced
- 1 tbsp Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Cucumber
- 1 Red Pepper
- 2 Carrots
- 1 Salt and Pepper for seasoning
- 1 bottle Chilli No. 5 Champagne Gold
- Dice Beetroot and place in the food processor, minceAdd salt, sugar and lemon juice. Mix until well combined.
- Cover salmon with salt/sugar/beetroot/lemon juice mixture. Leave to cure overnight in the refrigerator for up to 24h.
- Remove the curing mixture and rinse salmon. Pat dry and thinly slice.
- Julienne the vegetables add salt, orange and lime juice.
- Marinate vegetables for 30 min before straining to remove excess liquid.
- Arrange the julienne vegetables on a platter.
- Drizzle with virgin olive oil and top with the sliced salmon
Russian style Gravlax is super healthy giving you an abundance of vitamins, iron, calcium, fiber plus omega-3 fatty acids. Good for the heart, the skin, blood pressure, concentration, weight control and libido. The recipe is full of colour & flavor and works perfectly with Chilli No. 5’s limited edition Champagne Gold hot sauce which is packed with antioxidants to energise your day.