Beach BBQ Clams
To get your Beach BBQ season started, we have a beautifully simple yet delicious recipe for BBQ Clams using only 5 ingredients and of course the most important ingredient our Chilli No. 5 Heavenly Harissa sauce. The clams are cooked on a tray over hot coals, then coated in a delicious butter sauce made with our Heavenly Harissa hot sauce, and sprinkled with a generous portion of fresh parsley. The clams are then served in a bowl with lemon wedges. You can’t get simpler than that! This simple seafood recipe is packed with flavour and has an abundance of super healthy ingredients from the land and the sea. What's more, shellfish is rich in iron, zinc, magnesium, and vitamin B12 — all of which have key roles for improving your health.
- Grill Tray
- Serving bowl
- 1 kg of Clams
- 100 g Butter
- Bunch of Parsley
- Lemon wedges to serve
- 1 Bottle Chilli No. 5 Heavenly Harissa Hot Sauce
- Light your BBQ and place grill tray over the hot coals.
- With a fork mix up the butter with the Heavenly Harissa to make a flavoured butter.
- Throw the clams down into the grill tray directly over the coals until they start to open.
- Add the Heavenly Harissa butter and parsley to the clams, and move them around with the spatula. The butter will create smoke when it hits the hot coals. This is great to help flavour the clams as they finish cooking.
- Remove the tray from the BBQ, and pour the clams into a bowl. Add lemon wedges and serve immediately.
The recipe is so quick to prepare, and will be ready in 5 minutes. It will work as a tapas style side dish, or a big sharing bowl for you and your friends to dive into on the beach. Subscribe to Chilli No. 5 on YOUTUBE.