BBQ Portobello Mushroom Burgers
Today we have a deliciously light and healthy vegetarian mushroom burger packed with rich meaty flavour, whilst also being full of healthy nutrition. The burger is nestled in a lightly toasted bun with juicy sun-ripened grilled tomatoes, scrambled egg, and liberal amounts of indulgent truffle. This recipe is a guaranteed crowd-pleaser.Its spicy kick comes from our Sriracha Cha-Cha-Cha hot sauce and our Pizza Pizzazz Chilli Oil, both available at Formia in Monaco or to try at Bella Vita in Port Hercules.This dish provides a multitude of potential health benefits thanks to the mushrooms and the sauce, and could mitigate the risk of developing serious health conditions, such as Alzheimer's, heart disease, cancer, and diabetes. This is owing to the anti – oxidants, anti inflammatories, and B vitamins, Niacin, Copper and Selenium.
- Sauce pan
- Mixing bowls
- Cheese grater
- Serving dish
- 4 Burger buns
- 4 Portobello mushrooms
- 4 free range eggs
- 2 large tomatoes
- Small bunch of parsley
- 100 g fresh truffle
- Chilli no5 pizza oil
- Sriracha cha cha cha sauce
- 1 Bottle Chilli No. 5 Sriracha Cha- Cha- Cha Hot Sauce
- Chilli No. 5 Pizza Pizzazz Chilli Oil
- Light your BBQ with coals on one side to create two heat zones.
- Slice the tomatoes into steaks, and remove the stalks from the mushrooms. Brush both of them with the pizza oil. Also brush the mushrooms with a little Sriracha cha cha cha. Gently grill them both over the coals.
- Take a pan with a little of the pizza sauce, and add 4 whisked eggs, some chopped parsley and a pinch of salt. Scramble the eggs in the pan over the coals and set aside.
- Toast off the buns over the coals, then brush them with a little of the sriracha sauce.
- Load up the buns with a slice of grilled tomato, then the scrambled egg, pop a grilled Portobello mushroom on top of the egg and then grate liberal amounts of fresh truffle on top. Add the lids to the burgers and serve immediately.
The truffles add an incredible punch of rich flavour, and are considered a complete source of protein, high in carbs, fiber and micronutrients. All together this delicious veggie burger is a powerful alternative to any meat burger that will have you coming back to it again and again. Subscribe to Chilli No. 5 on YOUTUBE so you don’t miss any Superfood Recipe!