Roasted Red Pepper Tart
Welcome to Superfood Mondays with Chilli No. 5. Bringing the healthiest & tastiest recipes for you to try at home. Today we have a beautifully light and spicy Red Pepper Tart using the Regal Red Pepper Chilli No 5 Sauce.This dish is a perfect light lunch, but still packs a rich punch that comes from the goats cheese and the eggs. But also has a richness and sweetness found in the red peppers, which is enhanced by the Regal Red Pepper Sauce. The complex mixture of ingredients from the sauce; ginseng tea, plum tomatoes, onions, ginger, and red wine vinegar perfectly compliment the lightnes of the tart.Bursting with good-for-you ingredients, this recipe works perfectly with Chilli No. 5’s Regal Red Pepper hot sauce which is packed with antioxidants to energise your day.Including Fenugreek, Inulin, Guarana, Maca, Korean Ginseng, L-Arginine.
- 19 cm quiche tin
- Blind Baking Beans
- 165 g White Spelt Flour/Plain Flour
- 75 g Salted butter
- 1 Egg beaten
- 225 ml Double Cream
- 1-2 tbsp Olive Oil Home
- 1 Egg
- 2 Egg Yolks
- 3 Red/Orange Peppers
- Goat Cheese
- Handful Fresh Basil Leaves
- ½ tbsp Salt
- Handful fresh basil leaves
- Accompanying salad (optional)
- EV Olive Oil/ Hazelnut Oil
- Red Wine Vinegar
- Dijon Mustard Home
- Garlic Crushed
- Wild rocket, Oakleaf Lettuce
- Toasted Hazelnuts Roughly Chopped
- 1 Bottle Chilli No. 5 Regal Red Pepper Sauce
- Sieve the flour into a large bowl. Toss the butter in the flour and then coarsely grate it into the flour. Rub in the butter with your fingertips until the mix looks like coarse breadcrumbs.
- Add just enough egg to bring the pastry together and collect it into a ball with your hands, flatten into a round, wrap with cling film and place in the fridge for 30 minutes to rest
- Roll out the pastry to 2-3mm thick and line the tin. Return to the fridge to rest for a further 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 160C fan/180C conventional.
- Cover the pastry case with parchment, fill with blind baking beans and then bake for approx.15mins until golden brown and crisp. Remove the paper and beans, egg wash the base with any remaining beaten egg, and return to the oven for a further 3 mins. Allow to cool.
- Turn the oven up to 230C fan/250C conventional. Rub the olive oil over the surface of the peppers and roast whole for approx. 20mins until the skin is charred and the peppers are soft. Place in a bowl, cover in clingfilm and allow to steam + cool so you can handle them. Return the oven to the original temperature.
- Peel the peppers, remove the seeds and cut into 1cm slices. Season with salt and pepper, then arrange into the pastry case.
- Whisk together the egg, egg yolks, cream, Chilli No. 5's Regal Red Pepper sauce and salt. Pour over the peppers into the pastry case and bake for 30-35mins until just set and slightly golden on top.
- For the salad dressing whisk together the first 4 ingredients. Arrange the salad leaves, toss in the dressing and sprinkle over the hazelnuts.
A delicious, light, and flavour packed tart, perfect for a late spring/early summer lunch, with a homemade shortcrust pastry base. The addition of Chilli No. 5’s Regal Red Pepper sauce to the filling really enhances the tart’s depth of flavour