Spring Thai Steak Salad
Welcome to Superfood Mondays with Chilli No. 5. Bringing THE healthiest & tastiest recipes for you to try at home. This week we have a recipe for the incredible Sirloin Steak Salad This incredible dish boasts a flavour-packed Superfood Salad made with a rainbow of colours in a pile of raw vegetables; carrots, mangetout, radishes, spring onions, bean sprouts, coriander and mint. Many of the ingredients are rich in antioxidants and vitamins. For example, Carrots are a particularly good source of beta carotene, fiber, vitamin K1, potassium. The salad is then dressed with a light and spicy dressing along with our superfood packed Chilli No.5's Totally Thai sauce, and then topped with a delicious Grilled Sirloin Steak.
- Cooking Knife
- cooking board
- 2 High quality sirloin steaks
- 2 Rice vermicelli noodle nests Cooked according to packet instructions
- 100 g Mangetout, shredded lengthways into thin strips
- 2 Heritage Carrots peeled/ juilenned
- 2 Large handfuls bean sprouts
- ¼ Red cabbage finely sliced
- 1 Small bunch radishes finely sliced
- 1 small bunch Spring onions finely sliced lengthways
- 1 bunch Fresh coriander roughly chopped
- 1 bunch Mint roughly chopped
- 1 Bottle Chilli No. 5 Totally Thai sauce
- 75 g Salted, dry-roasted peanuts roughly chopped
- 3 tbsp Toasted sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp Soft Brown sugar
- 1 Lime juiced
- 1 Lime cut into wedges for serving
- 2 tbsp Rice vinegar
- 3 tbsp Sesame oil
- 3 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp Fish sauce
- 2 Cloves garlic crushed
- 2 Red chillis halved, de-seeded and finely chopped – home
- 1 Bottle Chilli No. 6 Totally Thai sauce
- Take your steaks out of the fridge and allow them to come to room temp for an hour before cooking. Half an hour before cooking, carefully score the fat and season them generously all over with fine sea salt.
- Combine all the dressing ingredients, taste, and adjust to your liking. Set aside.
- Prepare all the salad vegetables, then in a large bowl combine with the noodles, herbs, peanuts and sesame (reserving some back to garnish at the end).
- To cook the steak to med-rare, place a cast iron griddle pan or heavy based saucepan on a med-high heat until smoking hot. Start by placing the fat of the steak down to render and caramelize the fat. Then cook on the first side for approx 2.5 mins until a golden crust forms, flip and cook on the second side for a further 1.5-2 mins. The meat should feel medium-firm to touch, with a little give. Remove the steak from the pan, pour over the cooking juices, brush with the 2tbsp of Chilli No. 5's Totally Thai hot sauce and cover in tinfoil and allow to rest for 4-5 mins.