Spicy Indian Breakfast – Bombay Rosti, Smoked Mackerel & Eggs
Welcome to Superfood Mondays with Chilli No. 5. Bringing the Riviera the healthiest, tastiest and spicy recipes for you to try at home. Today we have a spicy twist on an indian breakfast. Bombay Rosti, Smoked Mackerel and eggs with our Forever Phall Sauce. This simple yet delicious breakfast is great for a lazy Saturday morning, high in protein and omega 3 yet deliciously complex with the perfect kick from our Forever Phall sauce.
- 2 Makerel Filets
- Sea salt
- 4 Baking Potatoes, grated
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Ground Coriander
- 1 teaspoon Chilli Powder
- 4 Large Eggs
- Forever Phall Chilli No.5 Sauce
- Take your Mackerel fillet, season heavily with sea salt and allow the salt to draw moisture out of the fish for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, set up your BBQ indirect with a lump of smoking wood at 150 degrees c.
- Once the moisture has been drawn out of the fish, dry out the flesh and place on the BBQ to smoke.
- Meanwhile take your potatoes and grate them into a mixing bowl, add salt and mix together.
- Take the grated potato and place in a muslin cloth and squeeze out all the excess water. Put the drained potato back into the bowl.
- Add the spices to the bowl and mix through thoroughly.
- After 15/20 minutes when the flesh is cooked through, remove mackerel fillets from the smoker and allow to rest.
- Take a frying pan over a high heat and add half a cm of sunflower oil.
- Form the rosti mix into patties and fry in the oil until golden on both sides. Remove and rest.
- Finally, fry your eggs in the remaining oil.
- To serve place the rosti, smoked mackerel and fried egg onto a plate with generous helpings of the Forever Phall Sauce and serve immediately.
Mackerel is a strong oily fish that has a deep flavour capable of taking on the Indian spices packed into the Forever Phall sauce. The rosti is the perfect carbohydrate to accompany the fish, and you just can’t have smoked fish and potato without a rich runny egg. This is a real flavour bomb on a plate that we promise you will come back to again and again!