Earth, Surf & Turf Trio of Tacos – Ever so English, Mexican Fury, Louisiana BBQ
Welcome to Superfood Mondays with Chilli No. 5. Bringing the Riviera the healthiest & tastiest recipes for you to try at home. Today we have an explosion of flavour for you with our Earth, Surf and Turf Trio of Tacos.Using a mixture of 3 of our Sauces: Ever so English, Mexican Fury and Louisiana BBQ Steak, lobster and ember baked beetroot make this luxurious trio of Tacos the perfect sharing platter to suit all tastes. Carnivores, pescatarians and vegans alike all have a delicious choice with the perfect sauce pairing to match, making this the ultimate way to please everyone when entertaining friends. The scratch made corn tortillas are gluten free and all of the sides and sauces are allergen and vegan friendly, but we promise there is absolutely no compromise on flavour here!
- Taco press
- good knife
- 250 grams Masa flour
- 1 Lobster
- 2 Sirloins Steaks
- 5 Row Beetroot Bulbs
- 50 grams Butter
- 1 tsp Garlic
- Sunflower Oil
- 200 Grams Heritage Tomatoes
- 100 Grams Smoked or Sundried Tomatoes
- 2 Red Peppers, Chargrilled
- 1 Red Onion, finely chopped
- 1 Red chilli, finely chopped
- Handful of Chopped Coriander
- 1 Mango
- 1 Avocado
- 1 tsp Dehydrated Lime
- 1 tsp Chilli Flakes
- 1 Chopped Red Onion
- 1 bottle Ever So English Sauce
- 1 bottle Mexican Fury Sauce
- 1 bottle Louisiana BBQ Sauce
- Light your BBQ and get the coals nice and hot.
- To make the tortillas, take the masa flour and salt into a bowl and slowly mix in water until it binds together into a soft dough. Allow to rest for 20 minutes.
- Take golf ball size pieces of the tortilla dough and either press with a tortilla press or rolling pin and roll out between greaseproof paper into small discs.
- In a dry pan toast the tortillas until they are cooked with scorch marks.
- Rest the cooked tortillas in a tea towel until ready to serve
- For the salsa, finely shop all the ingredients and combine in a bowl
- For the guacamole, finely chop the mango and avocado and mix together in a bowl with the other ingredients.
- Take the whole beetroot and drop into the embers of the coals, turning occasionally until the outside is charred and the centre is soft.
- Season the steak with sea salt and oil and grill until medium rare – allow to rest.
- Finally, butterfly and grill the lobster over coals adding butter and garlic as it cooks.
- Once lobster is cook, remove the flesh and save.
- Take the beetroot and remove the charred outer skin to reveal the soft centre and chop into bite-sized chunks.
- Slice the steak into mouth sized pieces.
- Take the tortilla shells and load each of them up with a little salsa and guacamole before adding lobster, beetroot and steak onto them individually.
- Finish the beetroot tacos with Ever So English Sauce, the steak with Mexican Fury and the lobster with Louisiana BBQ.
- Serve immediately.