Beetroot & Horseradish Vegan Pizza
Welcome to Superfood Mondays with Chilli No. 5. Bringing the healthiest, tastiest and spicy recipes for you to try at home.Today we have a delicate but flavor-packed Vegan Pizza Recipe using our Pizza Pizzazz Chilli Oil. This recipe creates a simple, delicious yet healthy pizza but not as you know it. Using 100% pure fresh tomatoes and raw beetroot to maximise the benefits of the nutrients within the vegetables, and utilising the heat, body and texture of horseradish sauce to create this unlikely yet wonderful flavour combination. Finished with the fresh pea shoots complex Pizza Pizzazz oil and all of a sudden you've got yourself a vibrant, super healthy and delicious vegan dish that you can enjoy at home guilt-free without compromised flavour.
- Chopping Board
- Baking Tray or Pizza Stone
- 600 g Strong White Flour
- 1 Sachet Fast Action Yeast
- 8 g Salt
- 200 g Heritage Tomatoes
- 50 g Raw Beetroot
- 1 Jar Horseradish Sauce
- 1 Bag Pea Shoots
- Block of Feta (Optional)
- 1 Bottle Pizza Pizzazz Chilli No. 5 Oil
- In a mixing bowl, add the flour and make a well in the middle – pour in the salt and the yeast.
- Add warm water mixing together with your hands until you make a soft dough.
- Knead for 10 minutes until stretchy, cover and allow to rise (preferably overnight in the fridge).
- Coat the ball of dough in Pizza Pizzazz oil to stop it sticking to the bowl.
- Once the dough is risen ‘knockit back’ and take a tennis size ball and roll into a thin circle around 10”
- Place onto a baking tray.
- Finely chop the tomatoes, salt them and drain the water before spreading onto the base of the pizza.
- Take a grater and grate thin wafers of beetroot all over the pizza.
- Then with a spoon take small blobs of horseradish sauce and dot them around as if they were mozzarella balls.
- Set the oven to 220 degrees.
- Finish the pizza with a generous drizzle of Chilli No. 5's Pizza Pizzazz oil.
- Cook for 10 minutes.
- Once golden brown and cooked, finish with pea shoots and feta cheese (if desired).